Sunday, August 16, 2015

Nanny: Sanela Kutincic



I was working for GIZ in Bosnia and Herzegovina since 2010 and living together with my daughter Amelie in Sarajevo while my husband was staying in Germany. As my former nanny got own children I needed to employ a new nanny to take care for Amelie in August 2013. By then my daughter was 7 years old and attending QSI Sarajevo (full-time-school).

Sanelas tasks included:

- Picking up Amelie from the bus station and daily supervision for 4-5 hours

- Occasionally full-day supervision and overnight stays (due to my trips)

- Supporting Amelie with homework

- Providing meals for her

- Coordinating her after-school activities (tennis, German classes, playdates, etc.)

As I was living as a working single-mom in Sarajevo I was totally dependent on the availability and reliability of the nanny. Sanela was perfect for this job. She was 100 % reliable and very responsible with Amelie. During all my trips I was never worried that anything could happen.

Living in Sarajevo for 5 years during playdates I have met many nannies and everytime I was very happy to have Sanela. She is a natural talent in taking care and playing with kids. They immediately like her and love to spend time with her. Her warm and kind character never made her yelling at Amelie but always staying patient even when Amelie was very upset. Sanela simply loves children and they love her. Amelie always missed her when she was spending her vacation “just with her parents”. She significantly improved her math and language skills by doing homework together with her (Sanela is a skilled teacher as well). Sanela is always very mindful and coordinated all of Amelies activities.

I was really impressed by her experiences and skills and willingness to adapt the education to our goals. She managed to teach Amelie in social skills as well, our daughter became more independent, confident and responsible. She was always keen on learning new things, e.g. recipes for cooking (she only cooked healthy meals). While being very happy that Sanela was an essential part in our life in Sarajevo we are extremely sad to leave her because we have to move to Germany.

I can strongly recommend Sanela for private daycare. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me under the following email-address eileen.frerking@gmail.com